18 Books for Your 2018 Reading List
I seriously LOVE reading. That being said, it’s also one of the easiest things to toss to the side when I’m feeling ‘way too busy’. I often make the excuse that I don’t have time to read but whenever I do make the time, I’m reminded how much I enjoy it. I love to start or end my day reading at least a chapter. A conversation I had with one of my best friends recently inspired me to get my list down on paper (or share it with the internet) so I have it as a resource to return to when I'm not sure what to read next. I hope it's a resource for you, as well!
If you’re like me and reading more is on your list of goals for 2018, this post is for you. I compiled a list of 18 books for 2018 in hopes that I can recommend some good reads to you, you’ll share your list with me and maybe we can even read some together (I’d love to - and unless anyone is opposed, am planning on - starting a Book Club here on my blog this year too)!
You'll notice there aren't many fiction books on my list. I enjoy those every once in awhile but the books below are more my jam. I love to learn. I'm not sure I would have said that back when I was in school, but when it's about faith, entrepreneurship, relationships... I can't get enough. Below are 18 books that I can't wait to soak up this year. Some are new, some have been on my list for years and all come with rave reviews that have me ready to flip through the pages.
1. Wild and Free by Hayley Morgan and Jess Connolly
2. The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
3. The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
4. Capital Gaines by Chip Gaines
5. Prayer by Timothy Keller
6. Start with Amen by Beth Guckenberger
7. Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
9. Body Love by Kelly LeVeque
10. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
11. Wait and See: Finding Peace in God’s Pauses and Plans by Wendy Pope
12. The Best Yes by Lysa Terkheurst
13. Let’s All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have by Annie F. Downs
14. For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards by Jen Hatmaker
15. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
16. Chase the Lion by Mark Batterson
17. Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
18. How’s Your Soul? by Judah Smith
Hope you found a few to add to your list! I'd love any recommendations you all may have. I'll be sure to share my reviews as I check these books off my list!